UV RESOURCES RLM SYSTEM COMBINES FOUR POPULAR UV-C FIXTURING COMPONENTS IN “ALL-IN-ONE” PACKAGE
SANTA CLARITA, CA (January 13, 2020)—The RLM Xtreme System from UV Resourcesnow offers installing contractors all of the UV-C lamp performance, monitoring and safety components in a single order.
The multiple-SKU RLM Xtreme System streamlines ordering and provides facility managers and HVAC contractors with all of the elements necessary to install a comprehensive HVACR efficiency solution.
Designed for mid-to-large volume HVACR equipment, the Remote Lamp Mount (RLM) germicidal system offers the industry’s highest UV-C fluence (dosage) and is now available with four of the most popular fixturing components, including:
- integrated plug-and-play remote ballast,
- prewired 12V access door safety controller (required for UL 1995-compliance),
- lamp framing supports, and
- operation monitoring capability.
The system’s 360-degree high-output lamp generates up to twice the ultraviolet irradiation levels to kill and/or degrade the toughest microorganisms and organic matter, whether on a surface or airborne. Applying ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UV-C) lamps downstream of HVACR cooling coils has been shown to improve IAQ, boost airflow and maximize heat-exchange efficiency, which can reduce energy use by up to 25 percent.
The RLM Xtreme System allows installers to easily overlap multiple lamps in scissor-like fashion offering unlimited lamp configurations by using one or two standard lamp lengths, rather than being constrained by installing fixtures end-to-end. Its LampHolder with LampClamp™ allows lamps to “slip-in” and click in place, while being held securely with a Lamp Compression Nut.
- Integrated Plug-and-Play Remote Ballast. The UL-Listed, 120-277 volt power supply can be mounted up to 20-feet away from the lamp using a flexible metal conduit-protected wiring loom. The integrated plug-and-play X-Box remote power supplies and lamps are electronically matched to provide the highest output and longest life expectancy.Prewired Safety Controller. The prewired 12V access door controller regulates up to six safety interlock switches/access door sensors via low-voltage connections (one is included with every X-Box). This new feature cuts installation time of the RLM Xtreme System by up to 50 percent. The prewired plug-and-play controller automatically de-energizes the UV-C system when any HVACR access point is opened, conforming with UL 1995 requirements. Prior to the prewired system, contractors would have to individually install 120-277V safety switches for each access point via conduit, increasing labor costs.
Prewired Safety Controller. The prewired 12V access door controller regulates up to six safety interlock switches/access door sensors via low-voltage connections (one is included with every X-Box). This new feature cuts installation time of the RLM Xtreme System by up to 50 percent. The prewired plug-and-play controller automatically de-energizes the UV-C system when any HVACR access point is opened, conforming with UL 1995 requirements. Prior to the prewired system, contractors would have to individually install 120-277V safety switches for each access point via conduit, increasing labor costs.
- Lamp Framing Supports. Designed to speed installs, framing kits include all components needed to install UV lamp fixtures in an air handler plenum, including two ~60-inch, extruded aluminum vertical supports, ceiling gusset, leveling feet and all the hardware necessary for installation. The framing supports can accommodate multiple UV-C lamps and the vertical supports can be easily “spliced” together to accommodate larger plenums up to ~120-inches tall or cut on-site for smaller applications.
- Electronic System Monitoring. The CU2™ lamp/power supply monitor provides a local visual indicator of each lamp/power supply’s functionality via green LED indicator lights. Additionally, each CU2 provides a 0-5V analog signal sent to building automation/ management systems. Operation of up to eight lamp and ballast combinations can be monitored for each AHU, and multiple CU2 monitors can be linked together in a daisy-chain sequence to verify as many individual UV-C fixtures as necessary. Likewise, multiple CU2 signals can be combined into one signal for output to a BMS using the UVRepeat™ accessory (not included).
Benefits of UV-C technology
UV-C energy penetrates deep into the HVAC coil eliminating performance-robbing and odor-causing microbial build-up that can’t be reached by pressure washing or chemical treatment.
In new HVACR equipment, the 254nm germicidal wavelength keeps cooling coil surfaces, drain pans, air filters, and ducts free from organic buildup to maintain original heat-transfer efficiency capacity, airflow and IAQ. In retrofit applications, UV-C eradicates accumulated organic matter and then prevents it from returning. This trifecta of boosting capacity, saving energy and lowering maintenance is driving more than nine-of-every-ten UV-C installations today.
All of these system-enhancing efficiencies are discussed in greater depth in ASHRAE’s 2019 Handbook of HVAC Applications, Chapter 62, a link to which may be found here: https://www.ashrae.org/technical-resources/ashrae-handbook/table-of-contents-2019-ashrae-handbook-hvac-applications
The RLM Xtreme housing can be mounted up to 20-feet away from the lamp making the complete install simple, quick and near fail-safe. Lamp holding and locating mechanisms simplify lamp positioning and securing.
With its highly efficient power supplies, powder-coated galvanized steel construction, the RLM Xtreme system can withstand the harshest commercial or industrial HVACR environments. Ideal for new or retrofit applications, the system can reduce system maintenance costs and downtime, energy use and airborne levels of noxious and infectious microorganisms, thus helping to improve overall indoor air quality.
The RLM Xtreme System from UV Resources offers the industry’s highest UV-C fluence (dosage) and is now available with four of the most popular UV-C fixturing components: including an integrated plug-and-play remote ballast, a 12V access door safety controller, lamp supports for quick installs and electronic system monitoring. Designed for mid-to-large volume HVACR equipment in both new and retrofit applications, the RLM Xtreme lamp-scissoring design generates 360-degree UV-C irradiation in the plenum. For more information, call
877-884-4822, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT UV RESOURCES:
UV Resources is a leader in the education, design and innovative engineering of ultraviolet-C equipment for a variety of commercial, healthcare, government and residential HVACR applications. In addition to developing new and unique UV products for specific applications, UVR team members were among the first to develop modern sizing and efficacy software for air conveyance systems and consult with both OEM and government-sponsored, UV-related entities. UVR is an active member of ASHRAE, the Illumination Engineering Society (IES), and the International Ultraviolet Association (IUVA). For more information, call 877- 884-4822; or visit http://www.UVResources.com.
For editorial assistance, contact Joel Williams at (708) 227-1095 or e-mail: email@example.com